What is a virtual hug? How can you send one? This article will help you to understand the subject and what you can do for someone you don’t have time to see.
Every now and again, who doesn’t want a hug? There are many reasons to hug someone: support, friendship, celebration, love, and so much more.
However, virtually hugging someone is not the same thing as actually doing it. We often feel separated from the people we love. This is especially true during quarantine. Even if you aren’t in lockdown, it’s possible to still see the person you want to hug.
This is a difficult situation to find yourself in. There is a way out: You can send them a virtual hug.
What is a Virtual Hug?
A virtual hug allows you to express the same emotions as a real hug but through different channels. Although the physical act may not take place, the emotional message and content are identical. Sometimes that’s all that matters.
How to send a virtual hug
You can send a virtual hug in just four steps.
Step 1: Assess the situation
There are many ways to send virtual hugs. These are just a few:
- GIF A simple way to send a hug to someone is to send them a GIF of your hug via text. If you are just trying to show someone you care, this is an option.
- Ecard: An ecard gives a virtual hug a personal touch. It is a sign that you took the time to think about what you wanted to say. American Greetings offers a variety of free ecards to suit a wide range of occasions.
- Social media: Keeping in touch with loved ones far away has never been easier. Social media platforms can be used to send hugs. You can post a GIF of a hug or a photo of you hugging your loved one on their Facebook Page.
- Apps You can “hug” someone virtually using I Want Hugs is one such app. You can customize your hug using emojis and images. It can also be used to give yourself an instant hug when you feel down.
- Emojis These days, people can be quite creative with emojis. They are used by many to send virtual hugs. It’s as easy as sending an emoji showing a person (ideally one who looks as close as you can) holding its arms out. If you feel that the person you are sending a virtual hug to understands your point of view, they will send you a similar emoji.
- Virtual Reality: This example is only for tech-savvy people, but it’s important to include, as VR headsets have grown in popularity over the past few years. You and your loved one can use VR headsets together to create virtual reality experiences that allow you to hug each other. You might also feel the physical sensation in the future. VR jackets have been developed by companies like Disney that replicate the feeling of receiving a hug.
These are just a few examples. You will choose the best method to send a virtual hug to someone depending on your reason.
Perhaps you are wondering what to do for someone who is grieving far away. A simple GIF will not be enough to comfort someone grieving the loss. An ecard, or a more formal option, would be a better choice. It doesn’t matter how close you are with someone grieving, an ecard or a more formal option would be a better choice.
Or maybe you haven’t seen your best friend in a while and don’t believe you will ever get the chance. A GIF may be the best option in this case.
Step 2: Explore your options
Virtual hugging is something you want to make special. There are many options when it comes to sending a GIF. Some are adorable. Some are humorous. Some are touching. Some have pop culture references that your loved one will love. Make sure to choose a GIF that conveys your feelings.
This is true for all of the methods mentioned above. You can send thousands of ecards as virtual hugs. You can use a variety of emojis. You can send a virtual hug through more than one social VR app. It is equally important to take the time to find the best method.
Step 3: Choose the best time to send a virtual hug
Timing is crucial, as with all things in life. Sometimes you need to send a virtual hug immediately. Sometimes it is better to wait. It will be an individual decision. Here are some examples.
You may be reading this to find ways to console someone, or how you can comfort someone who’s going through a difficult time. You may have other priorities. They might appreciate a virtual hug later when they have more time.
You might send a virtual hug to your friend as a way of saying how much you love them. You could use the virtual hug that you send to a friend as a way to start a conversation. If you send your virtual hug to someone while they are at work, or otherwise busy, they may not have the time to respond in a timely manner, which could be a missed opportunity.
However, it’s not a bad idea to send a virtual hug when someone is busy. You might have reason to believe that a friend or relative is busy and won’t have the time to have a conversation, regardless of when they send a virtual hug. Sending a virtual hug to your friend or family member at work can give them an emotional boost and help them get through their day.
Different situations require different timing. This is what you should consider when sending a virtual hug to someone you care about.
Step 4: Send a message
Sometimes, it’s a good idea to send a simple virtual hug (such as a GIF and emoji) with no message. If you are a friend who is going through a minor breakup, it might be a good idea to send a virtual hug without any accompanying messages.
If you are sending a virtual hug to comfort someone grieving, it is a good idea to include a message or e-mail with your hug. If you send an ecard, or another similar type of message, this is simple to do. You can send an email to the recipient or leave a message after or before sending the virtual hug.
When deciding whether to include a message, as with all the steps above, it is important to consider the context. Sometimes, it is a good idea. Sometimes it is a good idea.
Virtual Hugs: Sending love when you’re away
Realizing that you may not always be able to hug someone in person can be difficult. Technology has made it easier to send virtual hugs. These tips will help you to do it correctly.